Saturday, October 11, 2008

What a game!!!

Wow! Last night, W's team played their rival and undefeated opponent in what I think has been the best game of the season. Despite being down one player (down to 13) and losing another great player to an injury before halftime (shit, now we are down to 12), the boys rallied around each other and gave it their all!! Those boys played their arses off!! The parents for both sides cheered and rooted for their team, but in the end....we kicked their butts!! Whooo Hooo!! (Yeah, you could say I'm a little bit of a crazy Football Mom!!)



Last night made me realize how fast the time has gone....just 8 short years ago W, started playing football and some of his equipment was almost bigger than him. Now, I look at the handsome, talented young man he has become and I wish I could hit rewind. Next year he'll be in high school and I won't be team mom for the first time in like 8 years. What will they do without me? LOL

Thinking about him being that small made me cry a little too..I still remember how scared I was when I brought him home from the hospital. What was I supposed to do with this little guy? How would I know when to feed him, change him, comfort him? Everyone tells you "you'll know", and yes they were right, but OMG that didn't make it any easier. But over time I figured it out as best I could and I think we have done a good job in raising a great young man!!
W...I am so very proud of you and LOVE you more than you can imagine!!!
Just in case you were wondering....the score was 33-12!! WHOO HOO!! GO TIGERS!!














0 comments: